Friday, 31 May 2019, Banedanmark will open a new dual track railway between Copenhagen and Ringsted via Køge. This will offer a better timetable with more departures, shorter travel times and fewer delays. The budget is DKK 11.4 billion. The line is designed to handle speeds of up to 250 km/h for passenger trains and is Denmark's first railway for high speed trains
Facts about the new line
- 60 km dual track railway.
- Electrification of the new line.
- Platforms at Ny Ellebjerg St.
- An additional track at Køge St.
- Track renovation at Ringsted St.
- A new station (Køge Nord).
- A connection to Lille Syd.